Working on LLMs.
Previously, I was a software engineer working on open-source Kubernetes at Google, building and maintaining Kubernetes developer tools such as minikube and skaffold. I also worked on machine learning pipelines as a maintainer of the Kubeflow project. Before Google, I worked at The Blackstone Group in NYC.
I received a BA in Mathematics from Columbia University. I have an MBA from Stanford Graduate School of Business, where I was an Arjay Miller Scholar.
- thiggle/api - Structured LLM APIs that return completions that conform to regex patterns, context-free grammars, or categories.
- @react-llm/headless - Easy-to-use headless React Hooks to run LLMs in the browser with WebGPU. All inference happens clientside in the browser. See chat.matt-rickard.com for a live example.
- LLaMaTab - A Chrome Extension that uses @react-llm/headless to run an LLM entirely in the browser. Load the model once and run on any site.
- ReLLM - Exact structure out of any LLM by constraining pre-generation logits with regex. ParserLLM is an extension to ReLLM that constrains LLMs to only generate a specific context-free grammar (e.g., JSON).
- openlm - a drop-in OpenAI-compatible Python library that can call LLMs from any other hosted inference API. OpenLM takes in the same parameters as the openai.Completion class and outputs a similarly structured result.
- llm.ts - A TypeScript equivalent of OpenLM that works in any JS environment (browser, node, deno)
- ScapeNet and osrs-ocr - Fine-tuned object recognition and OCR models for the MMORPG Old School RuneScape
- minikube: run Kubernetes locally
- skaffold: Kubernetes developer tool
- virgo: graph-based configuration language
- distroless: language runtime docker images without an operating system
- mockerfile: alternative dockerfile frontend
- docker-merge: merge docker images
- minikube-kvm-driver: manage virtual machine lifecycles with KVM
- Changelog Podcast: Reflections on 10k Hours of Programming
- Google Cloud at KubeCon 2018: Interview with Matt Rickard
- The Kubernetes Podcast by Google: Episode #6
- Live Demos from KubeCon: Matt Rickard
- Open Source Summit: Alternative Frontends with Buildkit, DockerCon 2019
- Kubeflow Fairing, Kubeflow Contributor Summit 2019
- Building Docker Images Without Docker, KubeCon EU, Copenhagen 2018
- Developer Tools, Kubernetes Developer Summit, Copenhagen 2018
- Kubernetes Development Workflows, CloudCamp SF 2018
- Easy Kubernetes Development with Skaffold and Redis, RedisConf 2018
- Skaffold, Kubernetes Bay Area Meetup 2018
- Kubernetes Developer Tooling, DevOps Night SF 2018
- Container Tools Overview, Google Developer Expert Conference, 2018
- Minikube Developer Workflow and Advanced Tips, KubeCon Austin 2017
- Kubernetes 1.4 Release Meetup - Minikube, CoreOS 2016